We partner with you to establish positive solutions to your disputes or move forward with litigation against your adversaries. Call (205) 531-1287.
The Law Office of Jeff S. Daniel, P.C. represents businesses and individuals in the areas of financial litigation, including business disputes, insurance claims, employee benefits, retirement accounts, securities losses, real estate disputes, and banking.
Recognized professionally for many years by other Alabama Attorneys for legal work in insurance coverage law and employee benefits disputes, Jeff S. Daniel has served as lead counsel in litigation and mediation of numerous individual cases involving business disputes and financial products.
Helping Your Business Through Difficult Times
Every business faces challenges. We help you through disputes or business decisions that you encounter and provide guidance to enable your business to thrive. Call our office to schedule a consultation and discuss your legal situation.
The Law Office of Jeff S. Daniel, P.C. represents businesses and individuals in the areas of financial litigation, including business disputes, insurance claims, employee benefits, retirement accounts, securities losses, real estate disputes and banking. Jeff has been protecting the rights of his clients since 1998 and make it our mission to provide personalized service and thorough representation to ensure the best outcome for each client and their unique needs.
For questions regarding any of our practice areas or how we can help you regarding your legal needs, contact us at (205) 532-1287.
Jeff S. Daniel is the principal of the Law Office of Jeff S. Daniel, P.C and focuses the firm on representation of businesses and individuals. The practice includes the areas of financial litigation, including business disputes, insurance claims, employee benefits, retirement accounts, securities losses and banking.
Jeff has served as lead counsel in litigation and mediation of numerous individual cases involving business disputes and financial products, including one of the largest securities fraud arbitration awards in 2008 in the United States before a FINRA arbitration panel.
Jeff has previously been admitted to practice as co-counsel in various jurisdictions and venues in the states of Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, Illinois, Pennsylvania, California, New Jersey, Kansas, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee.
Honors and Recognition
Mr. Daniel has received recognition by both national and local attorneys. He served as national Chair (2005) for the Insurance Law Section of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America /AAJ and served many years as an Officer of his attorney peers in that group (2001-2006).
In 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018 and 2019, he was voted and recognized for his work in Insurance Coverage law for Alabama and Mid-South attorneys in the attorney publication Super Lawyers. In 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017 and 2018, he was voted by Birmingham attorneys as a Top Attorney in Birmingham Magazine for work with employee benefits law, known as ERISA.
Education & Professional Background
Mr. Daniel received his Bachelor of Science in Corporate Finance and Investment Management from the University of Alabama in 1992. Following several years employed in banking and as an insurance auditor in a large regional bank holding company, Mr. Daniel received his J.D. from the Birmingham School of Law in 1998 while working full-time in a regional litigation law firm. In 2008, he completed an Executive Education program at Harvard Business School in Boston, Massachusetts.
Areas of Practice
● FINRA securities arbitration awards, including the multimillion dollar 2008 award on behalf of owners of a closely-held oil and gas company against an investment bank.
● Multiple cases representing small business shareholders or LLC members in various fiduciary accounting disputes and Alabama derivative claims. Businesses represented have included industrial product vendors, alternative energy production, motion picture development, restaurant ventures and natural resource processing.
● Lead counsel in more than two hundred tort cases relating to insurance servicing and sales practices.
● Expert witness for a Dow 30 company in a national class action relating to an arbitration provision.
● Multiple cases representing title insurance underwriters for indemnity and subrogation of insurance claims, including prosecution to recover E&O and CGL insurance claims.
Co–counsel in nine-figure class action appeal and settlement relating to life insurance servicing practices.
● Lead counsel in oral argument before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals for National Bank Act preemption issues, and co-counsel in the subsequent case accepted by the United States Supreme Court.
● Multiple cases relating to ERISA employment benefits and scope of equitable remedies available to plan participants.
Contact Jeff to speak with an experienced business lawyer, insurance claim litigator and securities loss attorney. Call (205) 531-1287.